What are the qualifications for becoming a Substitute Teacher?
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Applicants must have a clear GCIC criminal background screening (information regarding how to complete this is included in the application)
- Applicants must successfully complete a Substitute Training session
How to become a Substitute Teacher
- Go to the Social Circle City Schools website and complete an application for Substitute Teacher.
- Complete the Background Consent Form. This will be sent to you once an application is completed.
- Schedule a fingerprinting appointment with Kari Willis or Debra Didier. The cost of the criminal background check is $44.00 and must be paid (cash, check, debit/credit card - AmEx is not accepted) by the applicant
- Register and complete ONE of the 2 substitute training options:
- After your background check is cleared and you successfully complete the substitute training, your name will be brought to the board for approval.
- Once your name is approved by the board, you can begin substituting.
If you need assistance with any of the steps above, please contact Jamie Sutton at 770-464-4824 or firstname.lastname@example.org.