School Social Workers play an important role in the school system by acting as a liaison between home and school. Social workers have the opportunity to collaborate with school staff, families, and community agencies to empower and improve the students we all work with. We can assist with removing barriers that impact students success in school.
Here are areas I can assist families and students with:
- Social Emotional Support(small group or individual)
- Housing insecurity/homelessness (McKinney Vento)
- Community and Mental Health Resources
- Foster Care Point of Contact
- Attendance Monitoring/Truancy
- Skills for Success Lessons