Greetings Parents and Stakeholders:
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Social Circle Middle School, I am delighted to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our students can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our students need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education.
As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Whether in the classroom or remotely at home, the student is readily engaged in the day’s learning opportunity;
2) Is safe, healthy, and foster good decision making;
2) Completes all classwork, projects, and homework assignments given by teachers;
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading; improve literacy skills; and develop a sense of global social and civic awareness.
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life;
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject, and;
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to become a productive citizen.
In academics, arts, and athletics, please consider volunteering your time and talents at SCMS as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. You can copy a volunteer form from our school web page. Follow the instructions on the form.
It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards, policies, and procedures related to appropriate behavior/dress code for a safe and productive school year. Please feel free to review the SCMS Student Handbook which can be accessed at http://www.socialcircleschools.com/2/Home .
I look forward to a great 2021-2022 year at SCMS!!! Come and see the wonderful teaching and learning taking place at SCMS!
Join our Facebook Page -Social Circle Middle School
Follow us on Twitter -@scmsredskins
Follow us on Instagram- @scmsredskins
Follow us on Snapchat- @scmsredskins
Join the SCMS Community Remind by joining at www.remind.com Use the code @scmscomm
Lottie L. Aziamadi, Principal
Social Circle Middle School